Thursday 27 June 2013

Harwell Park



View of the rec from the mound. Wasted many an hour sitting atop here!


Aka 'the rec'. I spent a considerable part of my childhood in this park and until very recently it remained the same, only about 100 times more tired looking! I was extremely glad to see how much it has improved. My kids loved it so much that we stayed for nearly two hours today. I can't think what this park doesn't have. I must replace some of the photographs that were here. 


Jess said this reminded her of a Hobbit Hole!

Find this park on the google map I made for you. 

Coming from Didcot, that is driving all the way up the Broadway and on to the Wantage Road then the High Street towards the Reading Road (or as it's called on the map, the London Road - A417, the same road Upton, Blewbury and Aston Tirrold parks are off). Continue past the bus stop - on your right - and take the next  right turn into Westfields. Then take the first turning on your left into the car park. There is tonnes of parking. You'll see the Harwell Bowling Club and the British Legion Club. The playground is behind the rugby changing rooms, which are on the left of the car park. 

More coming later...pubs, shop and village hall info. Keep a look out...


Other stuff...


I walked past this church every day.



Some nice views from the church yard. 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Melissa for the tip off on this fantastic park - I spent a good 2 hours there this afternoon with my kids (2-and-a-half and 4). There was a nice mixture of exciting things like the zip wire and tea cup, and other things that the kids could run off and play on independently.

    We moved to Didcot last September so this summer is our first real opportunity to explore further afield. This blog is a great resource as I would never have known about the Harwell playground otherwise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you got the good weather:) We attempted to go again but it rained!
    Glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete