Monday 11 August 2014

Donnington Castle, Nr Newbury


We drove here from Didcot. It took us about 25 minutes down the A34, so I imagine it would be quicker from Reading. 

Donnington is about 1 mile north of Newbury. I did get a bit lost going around all the roundabouts, but then Didcot is significantly smaller than Newbury or Reading and I am used to country roads, so don't be off off by me!

Find this park on the google map I made for you. 

Not only is there a castle here but also a very obvious recreation ground and park. We didn't visit as we ran out of time, but we will go back. 

Donnington Castle is owned by English Heritage, so there is a big car park. Entry is free. 

The views are lovely: 



We stayed for three hours and the children played for the entire time. 

Castle: 



Get this blog as a free android app here

No comments:

Post a Comment